Saturday morning Shane woke up bright & early to install a storm door to the doorway off of the patio. One more to go & soon all the outside doors will have the protection of a storm door. The rest of the day was a lazy one spent inside (since it was raining) catching up on the DVR, cleaning the house, running a few errands & waiting for my pager to go off. Lucky for me it never did.
Sunday ended up being another lazy day. I woke up thankful my pager hadn't gone off yet, thankful I have the freedoms I do as an American citizen & thankful to be spending the latter part of the day with awesome neighbors.
Since they made fireworks "legal" in Spring Hill this year, I ventured out to get a few as did the neighbors so we could light them up later in the evening. The rest of the day was spent lounging around watching movies. While out getting fireworks, I made a stop at the local Redbox & rented Shutter Island. After watching it, we both agreed that it was a pretty good movie that kept your interest but I didn't particularly care for the ending. We were both glad we didn't pay to see it in the theatre also!After the movie, we met our neighbors out in the cul-de-sac to light fireworks & enjoy the evening. About 15 min after everyone got settled in their lawn chairs it started to rain. So, fireworks were postponed to Monday night. Talk about a bummer :(
Monday I woke up to another quiet evening on call. Can't believe I had been on call
for 50+ hours & I hadn't gotten called in yet!? Crazy...but I am not complaining! Shane & I decided to risk my being called-in & went to a movie. I had been wanting to see the new Twilight movie: Eclipse so we went & ended up seeing it in the IMAX theatre. I have loved all of these movies & would have to say this was the best one I have seen thus far. I loved it & can't wait until the next one comes out.
for 50+ hours & I hadn't gotten called in yet!? Crazy...but I am not complaining! Shane & I decided to risk my being called-in & went to a movie. I had been wanting to see the new Twilight movie: Eclipse so we went & ended up seeing it in the IMAX theatre. I have loved all of these movies & would have to say this was the best one I have seen thus far. I loved it & can't wait until the next one comes out. Afterwards, we ran to Hyvee, got a few groceries & headed home. As soon as we walked into the house my pager went off. Talk about good timing - was thankful we weren't still sitting in the the theater. So I rushed off to St. Lukes East, did the procedure & was back home in time for dinner & fireworks with the neighbors.
It was a beautiful evening to be outside & we enjoyed watching the little kids light fireworks....as well as the "big kids" :) Our neighborhood friends Melissa & Nick ended up walking down to our cul-de-sac & joined in the festivities. It was nice to be able to catch up with these two "busy bee's" as it seems they are always on the go!

Since Melissa is our "photographer" of the group, she made sure to get a pic of the girls before her & Nick left. Little did we know that my neighbor Brian snuck a lit firecracker behind us - can you see it in the pic?! Yeah - that would be the "big kid" I was referring to earlier :)
Thanks neighbors for another successful July 4th gathering! Until next year...
No comments:
Post a Comment