Saturday, September 12

Harley Davidson Factory Tour

Today Shane & I enjoyed a beautiful, sunny, 75 degree Saturday by heading up North to tour the Harley Davidson Plant. They were having an open house where you could take a tour of the plant for free, visit the many vendor booths located around the plant, as well as check out everyone else's Harley Davidsons in the parking lot.

The plant tour was really neat. I think Shane was a little more excited about it than I was though :) We were both amazed at all the rows of HD parts and accessories that were waiting to be assembled into a motorcycle and then seeing the finished product as well as visualize how they box it up and ship it out.
Here are hundreds of "frames" ready to be made into a bike:
And one of 3 rows of painted gas tanks:
And painted fenders:

After the tour, we walked around the parking lot looking at all the different bikes. There were some really old HD bikes there as well as lots of new ones. Shane enjoyed telling me about the difference in all the bikes and their motors while I enjoyed looking at all the pretty colors and bike accessories :)

Before we left, I dragged Shane into the gift shop to buy a souvenir. No trip is complete unless a little shopping is involved :) I picked out a super cute HD t-shirt just for me and we made our way back home. All in all, it ended up being a great afternoon spent with the hubby!

*self portrait - didn't realize I cut off Shane's head until I got home - oops!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Did Shane want a Black HD shirt? Looks like a good time. :-)