Sunday, January 11

Domestic Diva

This morning my husband requested I make pancakes for breakfast. Being the Domestic Diva & wonderful wife that I am, I decided to grant him his request - besides, it did sound tasty! I got out one of my many cookbooks to look for a recipe for pancakes & unfortunately, all the pancake recipes called for buttermilk which I didn't have so I looked at the waffle recipes. Lucky for him, I had all the ingredients & proceeded to whip up a batch of homemade waffles - from SCRATCH! They were super easy to make & they turned out awesome! Shane even said they tasted better than the waffles at I-Hop....hmmm, either he truly meant that or he is buttering me up for something he wants later :) Regardless, I would have to agree that they were quite delicious - if I do say so myself!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go you Diva you! I wish I had a waffle iron, a meal that has pockets where syrup and butter go...yum...

If you ever want to make buttermilk, I have a good "cheat" for ya!

;) amy

Heather said...

Oh I would love to have it! Please share :)

Keri said...

You are such a good wife! I made Ken waffles on Sunday as well. He asked, "How long will they take?", well as long as it takes to open the freezer, open the Eggo box and pop them in the toaster. I would say about three minutes! Ken's waffles were not nearly as yummy as the ones Shane got to indulge in!

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd get all "official" and post from my cooking blog, lol!

To make buttermilk, put 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (white vinegar works too) in a glass measuring dish and add enough milk to make one cup. If you need more, or less, just adjust the amount of lemon juice accordingly! I let it sit for about 30 minutes or so to come to room temperature (that's just how I roll) and then use it however you need! ;)

Looking forward to seeing you again,

;) amy