Today I left work early so I could head down to the Spring Hill Courthouse to pay my "failure to stop" ticket that I received last month. I could have sent it in the mail, but I wanted to ammend it and pay the double fine so it wouldn't go on my driving record which I had to do in person. It is due tomorrow, but I am on call so I had to take care of it today - leave it to me to procrastinate and do things last minute!
As I pull up to the courthouse, there are no cars in the parking lot so I'm thinking sweet - I will get right in, pay the ticket and get right out without waiting! I get to the door, try to open it and it is locked. I'm quite confused at this point as the sign clearly says that they are open until 5pm and it was only 4pm!?! I make my way home and am irritated by the whole situation because not only did I leave work early today, but now I have to go in first thing tomorrow morning and be late for work :(
I call Shane to tell him my whole ordeal and he ever so kindly points out that it is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, which is a Federal holiday - so of course the courthouse would be closed! DUH!
Silly me - I'm just not one to keep track of holidays that don't have something to do with summer-time, food or presents :)
No comments:
Post a Comment