Monday, June 30

"The One With...2 Bathing "Bullies"



After seeing the video, I know what you are thinking - "that girl needs to have her some kids!" I mean seriously, who buys a kiddie pool just for their dogs?!? I guess I do! Call me crazy, but these are our "kids" - they are just the furry kind and I think they love that little pool more than kids do :) This summer we actually had to "upgrade" the little 4' pool to the much bigger 6' pool since the addition of Millie. You can imagine my conversation with the lady at the Wal-Mart during checkout. She started to make "small talk" & asked me how old my kids were (as if buying a kiddie pool is used specifically for kids?!) I told her 3 & 2 years old. She then asked me their names & I said Bubba & Millie. She gave me an odd look - as if those were weird names for kids!? I then said "yah, they are pretty hairy so the pool keeps them cool on a hot day!" She stopped scanning my items & gave me another weird look. At this point, I had had enough fun with her so I told her I had 2 Bulldogs who love to lay in the pool & I was buying it for them. She laughed & started to tell me this lengthy story about her crazy brothers' girlfriends' mother who had an even crazier uncle who had a grandfather who once owned a Bulldog....I should have just kept my mouth shut! Note to self: never make small-talk with the Wal-Mart cashiers! After about 10 minutes of listening to this ladies story, I finally escaped the conversation and headed home with the new pool. I filled it up, let the dogs out and they couldn't jump in it fast enough. After about 10 minutes, a few pictures and $20 spent filling the pool with water they bullies were done. They jumped out, did a couple of shakes & wiggles and that was it. Their fun (and mine) was over....until next weekend when the pool adventures continue :)

3 comments:

Cori said...

Hi Heather---(I'm a friend of Nickie's) Just wanted to tell you that the video is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Bubba and Millie definitely deserve their little pool. And I think 90% of WalMart cashiers are unbalanced, so I have started avoiding small talk with them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! Just wanted you to know that you are NOT crazy for buying your dogs a pool. When Cooper was a puppy we bought him one and he loved it! We have pics but they aren't digital or I would send them to you!

Love ya
Michelle

Nickie said...

ahhh, millie and bubba! so cute