Thursday, June 12

"The One Where...Friends Matter"

To the world you are one person, but to one person you are the world!

This has to be by far one of my favorite quotes. If you read it and ponder the meaning of it, you can appreciate just how powerful of a quote it truly is. This past week has been a challenging one and I have been reminded how truly special all of my girlfriends are. As I think about them all, I realize that each one of them serve a purpose in my life and I am so very blessed by all their friendships.

This past week, one of my very best friends lost her husband in a motocycle accident. He was 31 years old, has two little girls and they would have celebrated their 1st wedding anniversary 3 days after he passed away. It has been a very difficult and emotional week. As I attended the memorial service on Wednesday, I was overwhelmed by all the people that had attended to offer their love and support to my dear friend. As I looked around the room, I realized that this was the power of friendship...this is why it is so important to have friends in your life. There are some that you may not hear from often, but it is nice knowing they will be there for you no matter what the circumstances may be. Friendship is a treasure. Without it, life is empty. Just stop for a second and think about your life without friends in it...

To all my girls who are reading this, I want to personally thank you for your friendship and for all you have brought to my life. You each serve a purpose and have helped make me the person I am today. I am so very lucky and I thank you for that!

No comments: