Wednesday, June 18

"The One Where...I Share My Favorites"

This week, my friend Nickie made a post on her blog about a few of her favorite new buys and asked her friends to share their own list of favorite things. What a fabulous idea! If we all shared ideas like this we might get some good input on what actually works & what doesn't & therefore we don't waste time or money!

So after giving it much thought, I decided to share a few of HT's "favorite buys":

Cleaning: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser -
This little 4" x 3" white foamy square is truly "magical" & one of the BEST buys I have ever come across! For those of you who have drooling dogs, you can relate: we have white doors & trim all throughout our house. Add 2 bulldogs into the picture. When drool dries you get a glue-like substance that adheres to the trim, doors & wherever else it lands. Gross, I know! I usually keep "drool towels" in every room of my house - I should be ready for when I have children! When it comes to cleaning, even a chisel can't remove this dried-on glob of glue. BUT, with one quick swipe of the Magic Eraser, all is clean once again. Truly amazing & the best $3.00 I have ever spent!Flip Flops: Rainbows - Thanks to my girls in South Carolina for this awesome "find"! I didn't know what all the fuss was about until I bought my own pair! Unlike most flip-flops, Rainbows have a built-in arch support & mold to your individual foot shape. This is a huge benefit for someone like me who is flat-footed. It takes a litte bit to break them in but the end result is well worth it!

Lip-stuff: Covergirl Outlast - Anyone who knows HT knows that I am rarely seen without my "lips" done up with some color & some gloss. I use this wonderful little tube of color made by Covergirl & it literally stays on ALL day. You apply it in the morning, use the moisturizer stick to keep lips glossy & you can eat, drink & talk all day with this stuff on! It does NOT come off! It is fabulous!Carpet Cleaner: Hoover V2 Widepath - I highly recommend this steamvac to anyone who is looking for a good quality, easy to use carpet cleaner. It is a bit pricey but well worth every penny. We have sugar-cookie colored carpet along with 3 dogs & a husband that refuses to take off his shoes, so you can imagine how dirty the carpet can get over time. You will be amazed at how dirty the water is after using it & appalled that your carpets were that dirty before you used it!Gadgets: Houdini Wine Bottle Opener - If you are a wine drinker like myself, then you will LOVE this "must have" gadget. The Houdini Corkscrew works like magic! Clamp it around the top of a bottle of wine, push down, pull up & the cork is out of the bottle! Push down, pull up again & the cork is off the corkscrew! It takes less than 5 seconds & will open any-size wine bottle. It also comes with it's own foil cutter & replaceable metal corkscrew.So there you have it! A few of HT's favorites! Please feel free to forward on in an email or your own blog about a few of your own "favorites"! I would love to hear about them! Have a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

Nickie said...

yeahhh. I can't wait to try the flip flops. Looking online right now. You know another fav? OTB...soon. ha ha