Thursday, December 31

New Years Eve

We were supposed to go to South Dakota for Christmas but the weather up north turned ugly & sadly we had to cancel our trip. My mom ended up packing our Christmas presents & sending them to us instead & the big box arrived today!

So after we ate supper, Mase had a bath, put PJ's on & we all gathered in the living room to open the box from Grandma & Grandpa Farm.

Mason was so excited to see this bulldozer in the box & couldn't wait for us to get it out so he could play with it! He ran that thing all over the house & loves scooping up his toys with it!


Next was Daddy's turn to open a gift: socks & a Home Depot gift card

Another gift from Grandma & Grandpa - a Mickey Mouse ornament for Mason's tree:
 
Mase grabbed my phone while I was opening up my gifts & wanted to take a picture of Mama. He's got pretty good photography skills don't ya think??
 
We enjoyed all our gifts from my parents & after Mason calmed down a bit from all the excitement it was time for him to go to bed. Shane soon followed & I ended up staying up by myself to ring in the New Year. I caught up on a few shows on the DVR & then sat in the living room in absolute silence reading my book (I know - wild & crazy) until I heard the fireworks go off outside. It could only mean one thing - it was midnight!

I went to bed shortly after but first reflected on 2015 & thanked God for all our blessings, the ups & downs the year brought us & for an even better 2016!

Hope you all had a safe New Years Eve & many blessings in the New Year!

No comments: