Mason's daycare is closed, Daddy's trip to Arizona was canceled & I have the next 5 days off - YAY! We all spent the entire day in PJ's & had the BEST day together as a family!
We started our day by sleeping in & made pancakes for breakfast once we all woke up! After a lazy morning, we got out all the ingredients to make cookies to leave out for Santa tonight.
First cookie on our list to make was Peanut Butter Blossoms & we had so much fun! Mason helped by dipping the balls in sugar & by peeling the foil off of the Hershey kisses. His favorite part was smashing them into the cookies once they came out of the oven :) Daddy was standing by observing & being our taste tester!
Next we made Mason's favorite cookie - Iced Sugar cookies. He LOVES using the cookie cutter to cut out the cookies & after I ice the cookies, he does the sprinkles. I love hanging out with my little sous chef & creating these fun memories with him!
We spent the rest of the day playing, watching movies & having a fun, low-key kind of day!
Later in the evening I gave Mase a bath, put jammies on & then it was time to open his Chrismas Eve present. For the last 2 years we have made it a tradition for Mase to open one present on Christmas Eve. It always contains a new pair of Christmas jammies, a holiday movie, a snack to eat during the movie & a new book.
He loved getting to open a gift but of course wanted to open more. He was upset he couldn't open more but was quickly distracted by putting on his new jammies & wanting to watch his new Thomas the Train Christmas movie on the laptop. I popped up the popcorn that was in his gift box & set him up on the couch :)
After his movie, it was time to go to bed so Santa could come visit. We put cookies on Santa's special cookie plate, got a quick picture by the tree, set the cookies on the table by the tree with some milk & crawled into bed. We were ready for Santa's arrival!Shane unfortunately has been sick all week with the flu & a bad cold so he went to bed with Mase & asked me to wake him to help put the presents out. So in the meantime, I opened up a bottle of wine, poured me a glass, put on the Christmas music & finished wrapping up the presents to put under the tree!
I was in heaven. The boys were asleep. The house was quiet. Soft Christmas music was playing. My most favorite holiday was in a few hours. I just LOVE wrapping presents & arranging them under the tree. I went in to wake Shane up to help me bring up Mason's big toys from the basement but he was sound asleep & I knew he didn't feel good so I just let him sleep. I got everything arranged as best as I could by myself & was up until almost 1am.
I took a step back when I was done & here was the end result:
So pretty! Our 1st Christmas in our new home with our new tree. LOVE ❤
It was well after 1am when I finally got to bed & I was exhausted! I was SO looking forward to seeing Mason's reaction to all his presents when he woke up in the morning & was hoping by letting Shane sleep he would be feeling better.
Sometime during the night we got a visit from Santa himself & he left a few gifts for Mase, Daddy & myself. Turns out we had been "good" & were all on his "nice" list after all :)


No comments:
Post a Comment