Monday, December 28

IKEA & Snow

Today is the last day of my long Christmas holiday vacation. I had debated whether I should just go ahead & go back to work today but had quickly decided against it. I hardly ever take a day off just for myself so I decided to take Mason to daycare & spend the day with the husband instead!

We had an afternoon date & it ended up being such a great day! We first had lunch together & then headed to IKEA to do a little shopping...in peace...without a 2 year old running around. It was SO nice to be able to take our time, check everything out & focus on shopping & not where Mason was hiding at :)
We ended up buying an entertainment hutch for Mason's playroom with some canvas bins to put all his toys in. As well as a bamboo cutting board, full length mirror for the closet, filing cabinet for all my craft supplies & a couple of plastic bins for Christmas decorations. I couldn't believe how affordable everything was & wandering around looking at all the decorated rooms & décor was so fun! I absolutely love IKEA!!

After our shopping excursion we had a few more hours to kill before having to pick Mase up so we decided to go to a movie. Thinking back it had been over a year since we last went to a movie together so it was nice to get out, get some popcorn & enjoy a little alone time with the hubby!
We ended up seeing "Daddy's Home" which was a cute, light-hearted comedy with Will Ferrell & Mark Wahlberg. When we had got to the theater it had started to snow & when we walked out there was already a couple of inches on the ground. Getting to daycare was a bit dicey but once we got home it had stopped snowing & it was time to shovel the driveway.

Shane had a little helper to assist with the snow removal much to his dismay :)
 
Once the boys got done shoveling, Mama came out for a little fun in the snow. There was a snowball fight that took place as well as a few snow angels made in the snow.
So very glad I decided to take the day off & get in a much needed date-day with the hubby as well as some fun with the family in the evening!

No comments: