Since my birthday falls on a Saturday this year, I figured why not make it a weekend-long celebration?! You only live once, right?
So we started the birthday weekend off by getting a babysitter & made our way downtown to the Power & Light District for a bit of a date-night. Out of all the "fancy" restaurants in P & L, I picked Johnny's Tavern. It had been a crazy busy day at work & by the time we got down there I was craving an ice cold beer & some bar food & Johnny's is the perfect place to get both.
We had a cocktail, ate, people watched & caught up on each others week. It was good for this Mama & Daddy to get out & enjoy some one-on-one time with each other!
After dinner we headed over to the outdoor courtyard area where a band called Evalyn Awake was setting up for their Friday night Kansas City Live! show. Shane is FB friends with the lead singer in the band we were about to watch & knowing his choice of music I had a feeling I wasn't going to be enjoying the show!
To my surprise the band was REALLY good. So good in fact that I am planning on downloading a few of their songs! We didn't stay out too late as this Mama was super tired from the long work week, but I'm glad the hubby & I got to go & enjoy a fun night out!


No comments:
Post a Comment