Alright - let's just get it out there - the hair. I know - ridiculous, right? It was big & it was large & it was the typical 80's, B-school, mall hair & I rocked it. Ok, can we move on now?
This is me & my high school BFF - we were inseperable. Her name is Heather also so since we shared the same name we had nicknames for each other. My last name was Freier so she would call me Fry. Her last name was Murphy so I called her Murf. Everyone knew us in high school as Murf & Fry & we still call each other this to this day.
This picture was taken on my 16th birthday. I remember it well as it was the summer of my 16th birthday & I was grounded - the. entire. summer. When I was younger I had a habit of ignoring curfew & not coming home. School had recently gotten out for the summer & one night I chose to stay out until the wee hours of the morning. Pretty sure I was already grounded when I chose to do this?! So when I was confronted by my parents the next morning, I was informed I would be grounded until school started. We lived on a farm in the middle of nowhere & I wasn't allowed to go anywhere unless it was with my parents. Friends could come visit me but I couldn't leave with them or meet them. Let me tell you that was the longest 3 months of my life. Did I learn my lesson? Probably not. Pretty sure I continued to be late for my curfew at least once during the next 2 years until I graduated!?
Heather & I are still very good friends to this day. She is one of my girlfriends that I have known the longest....since 7th grade. Here we are at our 20th high school reunion a few years ago:

1 comment:
I had no idea you were such a trouble maker in high school! Little Miss Heather!!!!
Post a Comment