Saturday, April 26

Game-Night Friday

Yesterday was a crazy, busy day at work & I was stuck there until 7:30pm :( Shane had picked up Mason from daycare & was on "Daddy Duty" for the evening since Mommy was working late. Our game-night girls were also gathering for our monthly get-together so knowing Mason was fast asleep already,  instead of going home I stopped in for a much needed cocktail, food & caught up with these lovely ladies.

Several girls from the group were unable to make it & as I looked around the table I realized that those of us present were the original 5 girls from way back when game-night started. It's been almost 8 years since this group started our monthly tradition & love that we are still able to meet up & enjoy each other's company.

Erinn was our hostess this month & her husband joined in the festivities by making the ladies sushi. I'm not a sushi eater but I must say that Jeff did an amazing job & according to the other girls it tasted as good as any restaurant if not better!
As always there was a great display of food being shared amongst friends & we ended up playing a really fun card game called Cards Against Humanity. It is like playing Apple to Apples but a more "adult" version of it if you will. There were lots of laughs & "oh my's" throughout the game & we all agreed to play it again in the future!

Shortly before everyone left, Michelle & Keri's husbands joined the group & finished off the rest of the sushi. We of course had to include them in our monthly game-night photo!

Melissa informed us that Rob's eyes were closed so we had to take another pic:
Um yeah...this happened! No wonder we heard so much giggling during this picture! It's a good thing the little blonde in the plaid shirt is married to the tall guy in the camo shorts :)

Thanks so much Erinn for the much-needed girls gathering! Looking forward to next month :)

No comments: