Thursday, April 17

Throwback Thursday Stories

Today I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner who has linked up with The Mom Creative for the first installment of Throwback Thursday Stories. I have decided that I need to add a little more spice & flair to my blog as it has become pretty boring the past couple of months. I contribute that to working full-time, being a full-time mommy, wife & along with all my other domestic duties. Doesn't leave much time for a social life or for blogging but I am working on it!

So every Thursday I am going to try & post a new "Throwback Thursday" photo along with a little story behind the photo. For those of you who are unfamiliar with what "Throwback Thursday" means, it is when you post a picture from a "while" ago on your social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. I always enjoy seeing everyone's pictures from years ago so I am hoping you will enjoy seeing mine as well. Trust me - there are some interesting & crazy photos out there in my collection to share with you all!

Today's TBT photo was taken back in 1996:
Wow - hard to believe that was over 18 years ago! I remember taking this picture like it was yesterday. This was taken in Columbia, SC at Providence Hospital which was my very first "real" job out of college. We are all posing with our lovely lead aprons since we worked in x-ray all day long in the Cardiac Cath lab. I absolutely loved the print on my lead apron...it was a jungle theme & had the cutest little monkey's, elephants & giraffe's on it. I have always regretted not stealing taking that lead with me when I left.

I spent 5 wonderful years working at this hospital & learned SO much about myself, about work ethic & about being out on my own. The girls with me from left-right are Stacey, Michelle & Amy. Us three girls did everything together those 5 years that I lived there & it was SO very sad when I left our little group & moved to Kansas City. 

To this day, these 3 girls are still very near & dear to my heart & we have remained very close - even after 18 years! I refer to this group of friends as my "SC girls". Stacey & Michelle still live in SC & Amy has since moved to PA. Even though we don't see each other as often as we would like, with social media like Facebook & Instagram we are able to always keep tabs on each other & check in with each other whenever we want.

No comments: