***cue the tears***
Up until the day of, I had mixed emotions about getting his haircut as did my husband. I kept telling myself it is just hair, it will grow back. Except I wasn't really upset about it growing back. I was more upset of the fact that the hair on his head had been growing since he was a newborn & I was about to have it all cut off. As well as the fact that you can't change the remarkable transformation that occurs from baby to little boy when they get their first haircut.
Sounds silly I know, but at the time it seemed like a big deal. That crazy, curly, matted mess in the back of his head was starting to resemble a mullet & was needing some serious attention so it was getting to be time.
We ended up taking Mase to a cute little kids salon called Sugar & Spice. They have a "1st haircut package" that included a before/after photo, a locket of his hair & a special keepsake certificate for his baby book. The salon had cute little cars & motorcycles for the kids to sit in, TV's at each station with cartoon's playing to distract them & the staff was super nice.
Mason chose the red car to sit in & remained perfectly still the entire time the girl cut his hair.
She took a tiny bit off the top/sides & took 3 inches off the back. Doesn't he look handsome?
A before pic: Mason's mullet
And a post-mullet pic:
And here is the adorable certificate they made with before & after pics along with a little baggie of his hair in the upper left-hand corner:
And now he's the most handsome little man on the block - in my humble opinion ;) With every new "first" that comes & goes, Mason is becoming more of a little boy & less of my little baby. Yes he looks older after his haircut & yes my heart wants to break a little but I am glad we went through with it & love how it looks!




No comments:
Post a Comment