Mason you are 10
months old! We are now in double digits - how can that possibly be?
Gone are the days of having a sweet little baby laying around flashing
toothless smiles, kicking those little legs, & flailing those
cute chubby arms. Now our reality is a very active little boy who is all
over the place, never sits still, has a mouth full of teeth, those
little legs are learning to stand & walk & those arms are busy
playing with all your toys, pulling yourself up onto anything &
everything & shoving food into your mouth.
Weight: After a
recent visit to the Ped's office for your flu shot, you weighed in at a
24 lbs. While lugging you all around, this Mama can sure feel every
pound! I think I will be glad when you are able to walk - or maybe not?!
Since you are getting so big we upgraded your carseat to a rear-facing
convertible carseat as you outgrew your other one & you always
fight us when we put you into it - stinker! You continue to wear a size 3
diaper & are wearing all 12 month clothing now. I packed up all
your 9 month clothes last week & like every other time, it
brought tears to my eyes. You are growing at lightening speed & it just isn't fair :(
Sleeping: We continue to struggle in this area. We did the CIO method which worked well & you were sleeping through the night for about a week. Then you got a cold, were cutting 2 teeth & I think going through a growth spurt all in the same week so your sleep progress went out the window. You were waking up 2-4 times at night being fussy, wanting an extra bottle & was quite restless when you were asleep.
After fighting this for several nights I caved & put you in the bed with us. Of course in the bed you sleep like an angel from 730pm-3am, wake for a bottle & then back to sleep until 6:30am. If you do the math that is 7.5 hours of sleep. Now I know this is considered "sleeping through the night" but I just wish you would do it in your crib & not in our bed. I have tried to put you in your crib but you will usually wake up at 9:30pm, 11:30pm, 2am & 4am. Working full-time this Mama does not have time or the energy to be getting up 4 x's a night during the week & with your daddy traveling 2 of those nights either does he. SO in our bed you go & in our bed you remain & everyone gets a good nights sleep.
Eating: You are quite the little eater! You don't care much for baby food anymore nor do you like your mommy or daddy to feed you. You are very independent & want to feed yourself - which is fine by us but boy do you make a mess!
You do awesome at picking up food & feeding yourself & it is so fun to watch. You still love applesauce, LOVE cheese, Cheerios, & are really enjoying eating waffles/pancakes, chicken, pork, hot dogs green beans & carrots - and last week your daddy told me you really like cookies. Hmmm - don't remember giving you any cookies?! Just when we think you are done you sign "more" & shovel more in. It has been really fun trying new foods with you & you definitely let us know what you don't like.
Milestones:
- You have started to show signs of shyness around strangers & a few weeks ago started wanting to be close to no-one other than Mama at all times. You would withdrawal from Daddy which kind of hurt his feelings but I promised him it was just a phase you were going through. After a couple of weeks, Daddy was once again your buddy but you continue to always keep a close eye on where your Mama is! You are definitely a "Mama's Boy" & I secretly love it!
- You said your first word & of course it was "DaDa"! Your Daddy was SO proud! We have been working on "MaMa" for a couple of months now but you chose to say DaDa. I guess you are saving the best for last :)
- Your two front teeth started poking through the gums earlier in the month & you were a little grizzly bear before that happened. You must have been really hurting as you were SO fussy! Motrin was our friend for several days during that week! Now that they are both through you like to grind your bottom teeth with your top teeth. It is the most annoying sound ever & from what I have read on Dr. Google is totally normal for someone your age & will create no harm to your teeth - which I am worried about. They say you will outgrow this bad habit & honestly I can't wait.
- You have started to show signs of shyness around strangers & a few weeks ago started wanting to be close to no-one other than Mama at all times. You would withdrawal from Daddy which kind of hurt his feelings but I promised him it was just a phase you were going through. After a couple of weeks, Daddy was once again your buddy but you continue to always keep a close eye on where your Mama is! You are definitely a "Mama's Boy" & I secretly love it!
- You said your first word & of course it was "DaDa"! Your Daddy was SO proud! We have been working on "MaMa" for a couple of months now but you chose to say DaDa. I guess you are saving the best for last :)
- Your two front teeth started poking through the gums earlier in the month & you were a little grizzly bear before that happened. You must have been really hurting as you were SO fussy! Motrin was our friend for several days during that week! Now that they are both through you like to grind your bottom teeth with your top teeth. It is the most annoying sound ever & from what I have read on Dr. Google is totally normal for someone your age & will create no harm to your teeth - which I am worried about. They say you will outgrow this bad habit & honestly I can't wait.
- Another phase you have begun is the "hitting" phase. You think it is funny to slap your Mama in the face, or your Daddy in the chest or even the kids at daycare & no matter how many times we say "no hit" or grab those little hands & say "no" or "stop" you laugh & giggle hysterically. This is yet another phase I will be glad when it passes.
- If I had to guess, I would say you will be walking before your birthday. You push things & will walk behind them across the floor in record time & you are also standing all by yourself for several seconds - until you realize you aren't holding onto anything & will get scared & fall down.
- You gave Mama her first kiss ever & my heart melted. You will lean in with your mouth wide open & plant a wet, slobbery kiss right on my lips or on my cheek. Even cuter you started doing it to daddy too! You also will give hugs when asked - double melt!!
- If I had to guess, I would say you will be walking before your birthday. You push things & will walk behind them across the floor in record time & you are also standing all by yourself for several seconds - until you realize you aren't holding onto anything & will get scared & fall down.
- You gave Mama her first kiss ever & my heart melted. You will lean in with your mouth wide open & plant a wet, slobbery kiss right on my lips or on my cheek. Even cuter you started doing it to daddy too! You also will give hugs when asked - double melt!!
- We have discovered that you are not at all patient & you show frustration real easily. You will throw a tantrum if something doesn't go your way or you get stuck or we won't let you do something. I had no idea that temper tantrums start this early - God help us for when we hit those "terrible two's".
Every week you do something or learn something new. Every month there is always so much more to share. We are looking so forward to what these next couple months bring before you turn 1 year old!
Happy 10 months little man!



No comments:
Post a Comment