Mase & Mommy at the airport
When I booked the flights, I tried to do it around Mason's nap/sleep-times so we ended up leaving late afternoon. During our flight, somewhere over Illinois, between playing with the pretzal bag & thinking it's fun to pinch the ladies arm sitting next to us, Mason starts to grunt & turn bright red which is a look this mommy knows all too well - around here we like to call it "poop-face". I was sweating bullets & praying the entire rest of the trip that the contents stayed "contained" in the diaper. Thank goodness it didn't smell - didn't need that to worry about also.
45 minutes later we finally landed in Milwaukee. I couldn't get off that plane & into a bathroom fast enough. Once we got to a changing table, I soon discovered poop was coming out the sides of his diaper & up his back - typical "blowout" as other mommies like to call it. So I took a deep breath, got him cleaned up & after 13 wipes, a new diaper & new clothes we were back in business. Thank goodness I packed a pair of jammies in my carry on bag!
After that messy ordeal, we got our bags, loaded up the rental car & Mase & I were on our way. Right before we drove off, I had given Mason a bottle & just as I had planned he fell asleep shortly after we got on the road. It's times like this where I think I am getting this "mommy-gig" down but unfortunately like the "poop-incident" above I am quickly reminded that things can go south in a matter of minutes....literally! Needless to say, it was a quiet, relaxing 1 1/2 hour drive north to my sister's house.
We arrived around 9pm & was greeted by my nephews who were still awake & so very excited to see "Aunt Hedder" & Baby Mason. I haven't seen them since June & am still amazed at how tall they are getting & how much older they look. Definitely growing too fast!

No comments:
Post a Comment