May I introduce to you "Captain Stinker" - the cutest little pirate you ever did see...
My husband & I have different views on Halloween. He doesn't like the holiday & thinks the meaning behind it is evil. Me on the other-hand loves Halloween & everything about it. So being that this was Mason's 1st one, I made sure to go a bit overboard & fully decorated the house in all the pumpkins, ghosts & black & orange decor & could get my hands on. To say Shane was thrilled is an understatement but I told him it was for our son & we wouldn't be denying him this super fun holiday as a kid so he would have to eventually get over it.
Mason's 1st Halloween started off by going to daycare & having a little Halloween "party" there. He wore a super cute outfit that had a little Frankenstein on his butt & his shirt said "Mummy's little Monster" :)
Later that morning, all the kids (& babies) dressed up in their costumes & had a little party at lunch-time. Once I picked him up, we made our way home, ate & I put his pirate costume on so I could get some pictures.
After several pictures I got "the hand" & decided that this was his "no more pictures Mama" look:
Unfortunately, Shane got delayed coming back from Arizona for work so he missed out on Mason's 1st Halloween. He was so very bummed & I felt so bad for him. Mase & I sent him this picture of us but I think that just made it worse :(
Once he was dressed & ready to go, I loaded up the stroller & made our way "trick-or-treating" to a few of our friend's houses around the subdivision. Then we made our way back to our cul-de-sac for our annual gathering in the driveway of our neighbors Dave & Gael.
Mason lasted until 7pm & then the "sleepy monster" got him so I put him to bed & then rejoined my neighbors outside. We all stayed warm & cozy around the fire-pit while enjoying a glass of wine, chit-chatting, handing out candy & sampling the candy that everyone else was handing out.
We had a great turnout of kids this year & it was so fun seeing all their costumes. The funniest one was a teenage girl who was covered from head to toe in gray paint sample cards & she was "Fifty Shades of Gray" which we all thought was pretty clever. However, given her age I am hoping that she has no idea what the books are about!
By 9pm the trick-or-treater's had died down & this Mama was getting tired so I called it a night. Shane had finally made it home so I filled him in on Mason's day & showed him the cute pics I took.
Even though Mason had no idea what day it was or why he was wearing a costume, it still was a super fun evening. I can't wait until next year when he can help me decorate, carve his 1st pumpkin, & when he is walking/talking & we can all go around the neighborhood trick-or-treating together - just me & our little family of three :)
Hope everyone had a fun & safe Halloween!!



No comments:
Post a Comment