34 weeks kind of came & went about as fast as the Christmas holiday did! I unfortunately didn't get a weekly pic nor am I going to write an update as not much has changed from last week so I will just recap how we spent Christmas.
I was on call this past weekend which was my very last stretch of call until I come off of maternity leave in May - woo hoo :) I ended up working all day at the hospital on Christmas Eve, met the hubby after work at Longhorn's Steakhouse for a really nice dinner, came home, was in bed by 9pm & before I knew it the morning had come.
Shane & I had a really low key Christmas which was actually kind of nice. We both talked about how this would be our last Christmas together just the two of us so we made sure to enjoy the time spent together! We both agreed not to exchange presents this year as we had spent quite a bit on nursery furniture, getting ready for Baby T & some household repairs. The furries of course had a few presents under the tree & the bulldogs enjoyed tearing into their presents about as much as a little kid does:
I made the both of us a yummy pancake breakfast & spent the morning being lazy lounging around the house. Later in the day we headed to the movie theater & saw the last of the Twilight series: Breaking Dawn 2. Shane has seen all the Twilight movies with me so it seemed fitting to see the last one together as well. He would never admit it but I think he likes going to "chic-flicks" with me :)
The rest of the day was spent taking a nap, then cooking dinner & catching up on some pre-recorded TV shows on the DVR. It was a wonderful "last" Christmas with just the two of us & am looking forward to how different our Christmas will be next year!
1 comment:
Ken and I only exchanged stocking stuffers this year, but obviously provided gifts for the hooligans. I mean, what is Christmas if those sweet babies do not have something to open???
Post a Comment