Today I had an appointment for my weekly biophysical & NST check of Baby T along with my very last appointment with my favorite OB :( As I mentioned before, my OB is retiring from obstetrics at the end of the month. She is still going to practice GYN so I will be able to see her during my annual PAP's but it's not the same. I really wanted her to deliver Baby T :*(
Baby T was behaving like a rockstar today & passed all his tests - YAY! He is estimated to weigh 4 lbs 12 oz right now, is breathing, moving, & in no distress so far. The US tech pointed out that he has some some super chubby cheeks which you could totally see as well as a lot of hair on his little head. There is an old wives tale that says if you experience a lot of heartburn during your pregnancy, your baby will have a head full of hair. Seems fitting with as much heartburn & reflux as I have been having!!
My pressure remains low, no protein/sugar in the urine & weight gain is right on track. My OB checked my ankles, said they were mildly swollen & to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get extremely swollen. I need to start checking my blood pressure a couple times during the week just to be on the safe side.
My last visit with my OB was a bittersweet one. I held it together during our appointment & then I had tears in my eyes when I left - darn hormones. I am really sad she won't be delivering Baby T but I did get to meet my new OB today & I think I am going to really like her so that makes me feel better. I will have my first appointment with her in 2 weeks so I will get a better "feel" for her then.
So all in all, another great appointment! Can't believe we only have around 7 weeks left - someone pinch me!!!
How far along? 33 weeks - baby has passed the 17 inches mark & should weigh over 4 lbs
Symptoms: Heartburn/reflux is pretty much a constant after I eat & lay down to sleep. I get really tired by mid-day & I am waking up in the morning feeling tired - don't think I am sleeping well :( My hands have started to feel tingly & numb on & off this week which has been weird & my ankles have started to swell by the end of the day - hello cankles!
Weight gain/loss: + 2 lb (total of 21 lbs gained so far)
Maternity clothes? yes - all the time now
Sleep: Go to sleep early but wake up to turn over every few hours to get comfortable, awake at 4am & if I am lucky I fall back to sleep.
Food cravings/aversions: been loving cheese & crackers this week!
Movement? oh yes - all the time! Baby T is head down & feet up - in my ribs! Feels lovely when you get a swift kick to the ribs, let me tell ya!
What I miss: my family as I won't be able to spend Christmas with them up in South Dakota - my OB said no traveling :(
Best moment(s) this week: Getting the nursery painted, furniture was delivered, bedding is washed & on the crib & the rest of the nursery is about 80% done! Also attended baby shower #3 thrown by my nearest & dearest girlfriends!
What I'm looking forward to: the Christmas holiday
Next appointment: Thursday, Dec 27th - weekly biophysical ultrasound & NST check
Milestones: Baby T is rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look & his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move & slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain & other tissue expands during infancy & childhood.
1 comment:
33 weeks already? I have been following you since before you were pregnant...Wow time flys!!
Post a Comment