Monday, December 31

Annual Baking Day

Every year around Christmas time I spend one Sunday & bake my little heart out making all kinds of holiday treats. I then box them up & hand them out to our cul-de-sac neighbors & a few friends. It has become a yearly tradition & the neighbors have told me at our get-together's that they look so very forward to my "treat box" every year which makes all my hard efforts worth it.

I was unsure whether or not I would have the energy this year - being 35 weeks pregnant - to stand on my feet all day baking but I pressed on thinking this might just be the very last year I am able to enjoy this by myself without a "helper" getting his little hands into everything :) I also couldn't let the neighbors down!
 
So on Friday I carefully selected the menu of what I was going to make/bake & wrote out the grocery list. Saturday I bought all the groceries & on Sunday I spent a good part of the day baking away. 

Millie didn't leave my side all day - wasn't sure if she just wanted to hang with her Mi-Ma or if she was enjoying cleaning up the floor from all the baked goods that "accidentally" fell on the floor :) lol

So this year I made Mint Oreo Truffles, chocolate dipped caramels with walnuts:

Peanut butter cups, English toffee & Salted Nut with Caramel cookies:

And of course Iced Sugar Cookies (my favorite):

I packaged everything up in cute little boxes & delivered the "goods" to all our neighbors this evening. I then came home, proceeded to pour a tall glass of milk, put my feet up & enjoy a few baked goods for myself :) 

Another annual baking day in the books! We will see what next year brings...

No comments: