Saturday, October 27

Crafty

With Halloween soon approaching, I was looking very forward to gathering with a few girlfriends for a fun, relaxing evening of painting pumpkins. Our hostess Jill invited us over & had instructed us to bring a pumpkin, along with our favorite fall appetizer or dessert & our "inner-craftiness"!

After much catching up, we enjoyed the yummy spread of chicken chili, candied pears, kettle corn, baked sweet onion dip & the most dee-lish pumpkin cinnamon rolls made by Miss Keri & then we got down to business. The girls rolled up their sleeves, put on some old t-shirts & the paint brushes were a flyin'! We had such a great time & shared many laughs while making our creations. 

Here is my painted masterpiece:

Me with our hostess Jill (in the middle) & my favorite "domestic diva" Miss Keri on the right:
 
And all the girls with their pumpkins:
Since this little craft session was such a hit with these girls, there is talk of gathering together for a Christmas craft-making session in the near future :)

2 comments:

Keri said...

Two things:

1. Since we spent Saturday night doing craft stuff, does that make us old?

2. Who would have thought that I would be making homemade cinnamon rolls completely from scratch using yeast and a rolling pin?!

Desiree said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish I had girls to do crafty stuff with!

PS, you look so pretty! :-)