Monday, October 8

23 weeks

Had an appointment with my OB this afternoon & everything checked out A-OK :) Blood pressure is still low, my weight gain is right on track & no sugar or protein in my urine - so far so good. One more monthly visit on Nov 5th & then I start my bi-weekly appointments. Is it just me or is this pregnancy flying by?? 

I had the day off today which was spent checking out a potential daycare - which I really like, running errands & packing for my trip to Florida tomorrow. Looking forward to spending some "Aunt Hedder" time with my nephews & niece! The weather here was beautiful today but there were 25 mile/hr wind gusts so either my hair was all over the place or my jacket was flapping in the breeze. This pic happened to be the best I could do. 23 week pic - attempt #4:


How far along? 23 weeks (baby is over 11 inches long & weighs just over 1 lb)

Symptoms: Occasional heartburn & feeling the need to pee all. the. time. Other than that feeling really good!

Weight gain/loss: +2 lbs  (total of 13 lbs gained so far) - darn pasta & cheese!!


Maternity clothes? yes - shirts & pants whenever I can. Bought a pair of maternity jeans this week & I am loving them.

Sleep: my 4am insomnia has returned :(

Food cravings/aversions: been craving Cheerios for breakfast - so weird

Movement? yes, Baby T is very active - especially in the evenings. He also had hiccups this past week that I felt for the first time :)

What I miss? sleeping through the night

Best moment(s) this week: Friday being my last day of work for a week!

What I'm looking forward to: spending time with my sister & her family in Florida at Disney World this week

Next Appointment: Wed, October 17th - growth scan. Get to see Baby T again - yay :)

Milestones: Been able to see Baby T kicking from the outside. Blood vessels in the lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, & the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as the dog barking or the sound of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb.

No comments: