Since Oct 22nd (the last time I wrote a real post), there have been a few things that have happened that I would consider "blog-worthy"...
- Shane went & bought himself an early B-Day present:
At least he was considerate enough to buy it while I was IN town unlike his last big purchase!? Last I knew the boy was just "looking" at new trucks - I should have known better! Looks like I need to start thinking about what fun toy I get to buy next :)- one of my favorite Fall festivities occurred on Oct 31st: Halloween. The hubby & I joined our neighbors out in the cul-de-sac for our annual tradition of food, a bon-fire & passing out candy to the kids. The KC Chiefs were playing that night so our neighbor Dave brought his big screen TV out to the driveway so the guys (& girls) wouldn't miss the game. It was a beautiful night to be outside & as usual we had a lot of fun with our neighbors.
- first weekend in November I flew to Wisconsin for my nephew Tanner's 4th birthday party. This trip needs it's own separate post so look for it coming soon. In the meantime, here's a "sneak peak":
Those boys are SO cute & SO much fun! Can't believe how fast they are growing!!!- this past Friday night I met the "game-night" girls out at BB's - Spring Hill's local bar & grill. Nov & Dec are always so busy for everyone so we decided to gather for dinner rather than having someone host game night at their house. We all enjoyed catching up over a cocktail & dinner while watching some KU basketball. I also brought cupcakes from Smallcakes to celebrate Keri's birthday so everyone got to indulge in some yummy cupcakey sweetness. Right now they have a Pumpkin with cream cheese frosting cupcake along with a Peppermint Mocha Crunch cupcake for the holidays. Mmmmm - they both get HT's stamp of approval.
- on Saturday, Shane & I road-tripped down to Pittsburg, KS along with a couple of our neighbors to visit Julie & Brian who used to live next door to us. It is about an hour & 45 min away which ended up being an easy drive. We enjoyed the evening gathered in the kitchen snacking on a yummy spread while being "forced" to watch the K-State game (which was a nail-biter after 3 OT's), as well as played several rounds of Mad Gab which had everyone cracking up with laughter. It was a fun evening spent with great friends & am looking forward to seeing them all again at our Annual Progressive Dinner in December.
This upcoming weekend I am on call & have no plans other than housework :( so blogging might be kind of sparse for a few days with not much to blog about. Will get my WI post up soon along with a couple of other posts I am planning.
Thanks for hanging in there & sticking with me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment