As I was cruising on I-80 W through Iowa, I passed by several HUGE windmill areas that were fascinating to watch turning with the wind.
I had to work a 1/2 day so I didn't end up getting up there until late Thursday evening. Sure miss those South Dakota sunsets!
Friday ended up being a super busy day. It always seems to end up that way - trying to pack 50 things into a short time-frame. My mom & I started out our day by meeting my high-school BFF Heather (aka: Murf) for an early lunch. It was so good to see her & see what she & her daughter have been up to. I was bummed as I got into the car & realized I didn't get a picture :(I spent the rest of the afternoon running a couple of errands & enjoyed the day visiting with my mom. Eventually, my brother Steve & his wife Meghan showed up as they too made the trip up from KC for a wedding.
Later that evening my mom & I attended the wake of a very close family friend & were glad we were able to offer them our condolences. Unfortunately, my dad was working so he was unable to join us.
Afterwards, I treated my mom to a steak dinner which left us second-guessing our choice of restaurant. I ordered a filet - medium which came to me medium-rare & my mom ordered a rib eye which we both swore was sirloin. Needless to say, we sent both steaks back, ate our sides & then scarfed down our steak once they brought it back so we could hurry & make it over to my grandparents house before it got dark.
Spent the rest of the evening visiting with my grandparents & was so very glad I was able to see them. They definitely aren't getting any younger so any chance I can visit with this wonderful couple I will take it. Again, no camera = no picture :(
Saturday I enjoyed breakfast with my family & then got to spend some one-on-one time with my sister-in-law Meghan. My brother was a groomsmen in the wedding later that day & my parents went to the funeral so they were all long gone by late morning. So Meghan & I ventured out & got to enjoy some shopping & lunch at one of our favorite fast-food joints - Taco John's. Definitely one of the perks about going home!We had a great few hours together catching up & getting ready for the wedding. Crazy to think we live less than an hour from each other in KC & hardly ever see each other. We vowed to change that & try to get together more often.
My nephew Lane wasn't as excited to see Aunt Heather but only because he hasn't spent much time around me. Will have to work on that!On my way to get another glass of red wine, I spot across the room next to the cash bar a table with 2 tiers of cupcakes on them - untouched. I grabbed one, took it back to my table & couldn't even force myself to eat it. It looked like someone had whipped up a batch of Duncan Hines cupcakes in their kitchen & tried to pass them off for gourmet cupcakes - which they were not. Honestly, I have made fancier cupcakes in my own kitchen. Sorry that this is sounding snotty but in my opinion you don't have a beautiful reception with fancy table centerpieces, good food & slack on the dessert. And guess what? I was so distraught that I didn't even take a picture of it. Epic fail on my part. My bad...
After all the 1st dances were over, we continued to drink wine, mingle & have a good time:
Meghan, Steve, Matt (brother's friend) & me (notice the HUGE floral table centerpiece behind me. Real flowers y'all)It was a fun evening & a great time spent with my family. I ended up heading home shortly after my parents left since I was getting up early the next morning to head back to KS. But according to my brother, I didn't miss much.
It was such a wonderful, jam-packed weekend & I am SO glad I took the time to make it home.
It was such a wonderful, jam-packed weekend & I am SO glad I took the time to make it home.
1 comment:
It is wrong that I am reading that post of all of the fun things you did, and yet all I can focus on is Taco John's. :) You know there's one like 5 minutes from my house, right? I LOVE some Potato Ole's! LOL
Post a Comment