Saturday, August 20

Charlotte

This morning I took Bubba to the vet to get his nails trimmed & on the way home - on a busy highway - I came across this chocolate lab running down the middle of the road being dodged by traffic:

I had pulled over on the side of the road along with another lady & we managed to catch her & get her off the road. She had tags which said her name was Charlotte & there was a phone number. So I called it & unfortunately the owners weren't home so I had left a message. I debated what to do with her & just couldn't leave her roaming free on the road so I loaded her up in the back seat of my car & took her home with me. Bubba was in the front seat & could have cared less there was a new dog in the backseat. He is really mellowing out as he gets older!?

Once I got home, I ended up putting Charlotte in the backyard & contemplated what to do. What if the owners didn't call back? What if we were stuck with Charlotte all weekend? What if no one called to claim her? So I called the Spring Hill Vet & asked them what I should do. Lucky for me, they knew who Charlotte was & her owners since she had been a "client" there before so they told me to bring her by & they would keep her until the owners came for her. Have I told y'all how much I love living in a small town? This is one of the reasons why - everybody knows everybody.

So I loaded Charlotte back into the car & dropped her off at the vet right before they closed for the weekend. About an hour later Charlotte's owners called me to thank me & tell me how very grateful they were that I had picked her up & had taken care of her in that short time. I felt like I had done a really good thing & probably saved their dog from being hit by a car or even killed.

Kudos to HT :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love small towns. And love this dog's name. ;)