Friday, August 12

The Hubby

Some of you may wonder why I don't write a lot of posts about the hubby & may sometimes wonder if he even exists!? Well, this blog isn't called "A Day in the Life of HT" for nothing!

I use this blog as a journal & to document my life. The plan is to one day get my entire blog printed so I have a keepsake for my family & children (if I am ever so lucky enough to have them) when I am long gone. It's proof that I existed & that I lived a wonderful life while I was here on earth.

One thing I love about my husband is he allows me to be an individual & he encourages me to have my "girl-time" which I feel is extremely important in a relationship. Now don't go feeling sorry for him that he is missing out on time with me or fun activities. Trust me - he does PLENTY of "boy-time" to make up for my social life. But we also do a lot of things together that isn't really "blog-worthy" like spending the whole day together doing yard work, or riding the Harley around the Kansas countryside, or going to lunch & a movie or hanging out on the couch watching episodes of 24 all day.

Unfortunately, my husband works evenings so I don't get to see a lot of him during the week. So a lot of my "girl-time" is spent during those week-nights & my girls know that my weekends are spent with my husband.
So while I have been going to concerts & musicals & balloon festivals & game-nights, here is a little glimpse of what the hubby has been up to:

Many afternoons riding the Harley:

Nascar race with his dad & brother:

NHRA race at the Kansas Speedway:

"Riders for Heroes" poker run:

"Art of Choppers" display at Union Station:

And in the last few weeks alone, the hubby has participated in 2 charity rides, went to the Whitesnake concert, attended "bike night" at Fuel Bar & Grill & has rode countless hours with his brother & friends during the weekends I was taking call.

See - the boy stays busy in his spare time.
Lately, it seems that he has been busier than me - if that is even possible!?

No comments: