Thursday, August 4

Mamma Mia

This evening I joined my girlfriend Jilly for an evening under the stars at Starlight Theatre for the musical Mamma Mia - a musical that is based on the songs of ABBA.

ABBA was a Swedish pop group formed in Stockholm in 1972. They became one of the most successful acts in the history of pop music, topping the charts worldwide from 1972 - 1982.

We started out the evening by having a cocktail & some snacks in the parking lot at Starlight.
Jilly brought a yummy spread of hummus w/pita chips & carrots, shrimp, deli ham & white choc covered strawberries along with a chilled bottle of wine. This girl can pack food for an event like nobody's business!

After filling up our bellies & some catching up we made our way into the show:

I LOVE ABBA's music. I'm not sure why seeing how they were huge from the time I was born to the time I was 10 years old & wasn't really into music until I was older!? I just can't help but do some toe-tapping & sing my heart out when I hear an ABBA song. I was a bit worried that I might disturb those around me at the show with my singing & carrying on but turns out I wasn't the only one dancing & singing my heart out :)

I thoroughly enjoyed this performance & was sad to see it end. The story line followed the songs (or should I say, they did a great job of working the songs into the story line) & the singing did not do a disservice to the originals. It was filled with many hilarious moments & there were times I could barely see through the tears because I was laughing so hard (the snorkel gear dance comes to mind).

If you get a chance to see this show, I highly recommend it. You are guaranteed to have a good time! And if you aren't already, you just might leave the show an ABBA fan!

No comments: