Sunday, August 14

Greeked

The plan was to meet the "game-night" girls for a movie & lunch today but as I was on my way to the theater, I get a text & a phone call that the girls had partied a little bit too much the night before & were all bailing on our outing.

No biggie - I had errands to run anyway so I was going to go ahead & do that but then my girlfriend Melissa called & asked if I would be interested in going to the movie anyway or just meeting for an early lunch instead. I hadn't seen Melissa in forever so I was excited at the chance of getting some one-on-one time with her & we chose to fore go the movie & meet for lunch at
My Big Fat Greek Restaurant instead.

I had never eaten here before but had been wanting to try it - unfortunately my hubby is such a "meat & potatoes" kind of guy that he would refuse every time I suggested this place so I was looking forward to finally get the opportunity to experience it for myself.

We ended up ordering the roasted red pepper hummus for an appetizer & the gyros for our main dish. It was all very tasty, the service was good & the company wonderful! Before I knew it, 2 hours had flown by & it was time to get going. It was so nice to be able to get caught up on Melissa's busy, yet always entertaining life & spend some quality girl-time together.

Thanks so much for the invitation Mel! I look forward to getting together again soon :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

No thank you! I loved our girl talk...I cherish these types of talks and look forward to many more in the months and years to come.

Hope you have a fantastic birthday week!

Hugs,
Mel~