I am SO sad.
I was looking so forward to watching the little chicks hatch & grow. I have NO idea what happened to the eggs. I don't think it was a squirrel that got them because the nest is untouched & a squirrel would have tore it up. I of course consulted with Mr. Google today & after doing a little research I have a feeling that the Blue Jay in our backyard ate them :( They seem to be notorious "nest-robbers" - especially for robin eggs! The nest is too high for a snake to get them, the lattice around the deck is too small for a raccoon or buzzard to get them so the only thing I can think of is the Blue Jay flew in there & ate them. Ugh - it makes me sick just thinking about it.
I feel really bad for the mama robin. Imagine yourself going out to eat for an hour & returning home to find all of your children missing - never to be found :( I know it is just a bird but it still makes me sad....
1 comment:
Just popping by to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
Hope you and Shane have a great day.
Post a Comment