It's that time of the year again & I'm not just talking about Spring Fever, Mardi Gras or Easter. I'm talking about March Madness. The Big Dance. Where everybody in almost every town in the U.S. is wearing their "gear" & supporting their local college basketball team. Some take the entire week off to indulge in the games, others travel to places like Vegas to watch & some even call in sick to work so they can spend the day glued to the television screen in vicarious enjoyment - not that I would ever think of doing this but I know some who do!And, of course, there is the thing that I look forward to the most: the brackets. Those wonderfully optimistic, always lovingly filled out, but inevitably scratched-out & lined-through brackets that all college basketball fans sweat over hoping to win the big payout when the Final Tournament is all said & done.
I look forward to these 3 upcoming weeks of "madness" every year so now that Selection Sunday is finally here, the teams have been announced & the brackets are now posted online - let the research & filling out of the brackets begin!
It's March Madness, baby!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment