Saturday, March 26

Doing Dave Ramsey proud

I am SO excited! Why you ask? Because today is the day - the day I put my "extreme couponing" to the test & save us some money :)

I spent about an hour doing my research last night by going through last Sunday's ads, cutting coupons, researching & printing coupons online & today was my first outing putting my skills to the test. I had my list of the 3 stores I was going to stop at, the items I was going to purchase & the coupons in hand.

This is what I bought, was all stuff I needed that was on my list & it all added up to $72! After the sale prices & my coupons, I ended up spending $36 with a savings of over $36.00! Cha-Ching! How you ask? Well take a look below:

First stop CVS:

-Clear Care contact solution (reg: $10.19/on sale $8.19 w/$3 off coupon)

-Dawn dish soap (reg: $1.79/on sale $0.97 w/25 cents off coupon)

-Dunkin Donuts ground coffee (reg: $8.49/on sale $6.99 w/$1 off coupon)

Total = reg price: $20.47 /purchased for $11.90 / savings of: $8.57

Next stop Target:

-Crystal Light drink mix (reg: $2.49/on sale $2 w/$1 off/3 coupon)

-Steamfresh vegetables (reg: $1.39/on sale $1.02 w/$1 off/3 coupon)

-Lucky Charms cereal (reg: $3.99/on sale $2.50 w/$.55 off coupon)

Total = reg price: $15.63 / purchased for $9.01 / savings of: $6.62

Last stop Price Chopper:

-Kellogg's cereal (reg: $3.88/on sale $1.94 w/$1 off coupon x 3) *bought 8 boxes at $1.56/box & going back for more :)

-Stove Top Stuffing (reg: $1.79/on sale $1.25 w/$.55 off coupon)

-Ragu spaghetti sauce: (reg: $1.89/on sale 2/$3 w/$.60 off coupon + bonus free pkg pasta w/purchase of 2 sauces valued at $1.59)

Total = reg price: $36.61 / purchased for $15.62 / savings of: $20.99 + free 16oz bag pasta

Bargain of the week: I would definitely have to say the cereal at $1.56/box plus scoring a free bag of spaghetti wasn't half bad either!

I can hardly wait for the new ads to come out tomorrow so I can start researching & scoring the next bargain of the week :)

No comments: