Road-trip to SD
I am headed to South Dakota today for the holiday weekend to spend some time with the family. My sister is flying in from WI with her two boys & my brother, his wife & 3 kids are also going to be there for the weekend. I ended up working this morning & was on the road by noon. Put the top down on the convertible, set the iPod to shuffle & settled in for the 7 hour road-trip up north.
Arrived to my parents place around 7pm where I was greeted by my adorable niece Joslyn & nephew Tanner. Turns out they had "helped" bake me a belated b-day cake & couldn't wait for me to get there. As soon as I walked in the door the two little ones were excited to light candles, blow them out & eat cake. They helped put the candles in the cake & then took them out to lick the icing off them & then put them back in - it was too cute!

I enjoyed the rest of the evening playing with my nieces, nephews & catching up with family. It's good to be home & see everyone :)
No comments:
Post a Comment