It seems that a Spanish toy company has introduced Bebe Gloton to society in Spain and it is the latest craze among young girls over there! This "toy" is a breastfeeding doll. Yeah - you read that right!The meaning of the name of this toy is a "greedy baby" and was designed to promote the importance of breast-feeding in mothers.
I am cool with crying dolls, dolls that can drink and eat, and even today, dolls that can soil themselves but a doll that breastfeeds? The images in my mind are beyond disturbing. I can just see a 4 year old walking around Wal-Mart "breastfeeding" their doll as mommy is shopping for groceries....eeewww!
How does this work you ask? Well, this doll comes with a bra-like halter top for the child to wear and has Daisy flower-shaped nipples on the front of it. As the baby nears these "nipples" it makes a sucking sound as if it is breastfeeding.
Here is a demo incase the image in your mind isn't disturbing enough...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqYoZVroBZs
After watching the video, what are your thoughts? Am I crazy to be bothered by this? What’s next? Bebe Alcoholic — the doll who has a problem with a different kind of bottle, and loses their family, job and feelings of self-worth? or maybe Bebe Limp — the male doll who experiences erectile dysfunction?
I just don't get it...What do you all think?
1 comment:
OMG, I think for once in my life, I am at a loss for words.........no wait...here they come.....WTF????
Michelle O.
Post a Comment