Ah - the beloved Buster Bar. Two layers of fudge, peanuts and DQ vanilla soft serve dipped in a delicious chocolate flavored coating - basically a frozen mini-peanut buster parfait on a stick. I LOVE these things and lately, they have become my "crack-cocaine"! But this crazy addiction ends today.
As I was getting ice out of the freezer, out of the corner of my eye I spot the crinkly white wrapping around a stick and got overly excited to find a "hidden" Buster Bar. I hide stuff like this all the time because my husband will eat anything & everything sweet in the freezer (and out) and leave me NONE! So I grabbed it out of the freezer and went to hide upstairs in the office and secretly enjoyed the last Buster Bar as my husband works in the garage on his Harley. Is it sneaky and devilish of me? Yes. Do I care....NO and I enjoyed every bite right down to the last peanut :)
But it is with great sadness that I have to admit that there will be no more Buster Bars entering the Taylor house :( I have gained some weight over the summer and attribute it all to the "evil-on-a-stick"! After doing a little research on the nutritional content of these dee-lish treats, I was horrified to find out that one Buster Bar has 480 calories, 31g of fat and 45g of Carbs. WOW! Enough said - no more of these DQ treats - my waistline and my butt will thank me!
No comments:
Post a Comment