Today my nephew Caleb turns 16 year old! So hard for me to believe as he was just a little guy when my brother & his Mama Meghan started dating.
We were invited to his birthday party which was being held at Snow Creek Ski Lodge about an hour away in the beautiful little town of Weston, MO. We had never been to Snow Creek before let alone skiing or tubing together so we were kind of excited to be able to take Mase tubing down the hills. The weather was gorgeous, around mid 50's with no wind so it was a perfect day to be outside. There wasn't a lot of snow at the ski lodge but just enough to be able to enjoy & have some fun!
When we got there my brother greeted us outside & showed us where everyone was hanging out. They had ordered pizza & drinks for everyone & paid for everyone's tubing passes which I thought was SO nice!
We got our gear on, headed outside & made our way over to where you could go tubing.
We grabbed an inner tube & rode the ramp all the way up to the top of the hill.
I was a bit nervous how Mase would react once we got to the top & I didn't know if he was going to be scared or not. Surprisingly, he sat down in his tube & kept saying "I so excited"! Shane & I both grabbed on to his inner tube & then the guy at the top of the hill pushed us off the ledge & away we went...
At first it feels like you are sliding down the hill at 100 mph. Then I was worried I wouldn't be able to hang onto Mase. Then I was worried our inner tube would flip over & one of us would get seriously injured. Then I thought to myself my ass is too old to be doing something so daring & crazy. Then we got to the bottom & we all said "that was SO much fun. Let's go again"!
Mason kept saying "again Mama, again" so clearly he is fearless & had SO much fun! So back up the hill we went. We must have slid down that hill at least 10 times.
We finally got tired & were getting hungry so we headed back to the lodge, got some pizza & drinks while we visited with my brother, his wife & her family. The birthday boy was out tubing & then hanging with his friends so we barely saw him but could see he was having a great time.
After visiting awhile we headed back out for a few more times down the hill & then it was time to get going. We had an hour drive back home & Mason was starting to have a meltdown since it was way past nap-time. He put on his sunglasses as well as my sunglasses & said "I ready to go Mama"!
Cute lil' stinker! We said our goodbyes to everyone & made our way back home. We had SO much fun together & will definitely be back to do it again next winter! What a fun birthday party!!
No comments:
Post a Comment