It arrived on the front steps yesterday & I had assumed that Shane put it away so Mase wouldn't see it. I had visions of putting it together on Christmas Eve, displaying it under the tree with a big red bow on it & Mase would see it Christmas morning......silly me.
We get home from work/daycare & there is the box laying on the kitchen table & of course Mason sees it immediately & yells "CHOO CHOO". If looks could kill Shane would be a dead man. I asked him why he didn't hide the train & he thought it would be nice to put it together that night so
The boys ended up putting the train together & I don't know who was more excited - Mase or Daddy?!
Finally it was all set up & the boys gave it a test drive around the tree:
Once it was successfully running, Mason & Bubba sat there forever watching it go round & round - SO cute!It is a perfect little first train set for Mason. It has a light on the front of the first car & the remote control moves it forward & backwards, has a bell, whistle & a button that has the voice of Tom Hanks & says "All aboard - the Polar Express".
Ok - so I am secretly glad we ended up giving it to him a few weeks before Christmas because he has thoroughly enjoyed playing with the train every single day.
After the tree is taken down, I am going to move it up to his room so he can play with it throughout the year & will continue to display it under the tree at Christmas time. So glad "Santa" got this for him & that he loves it!!




No comments:
Post a Comment