Tonight this Mama had herself a much-needed girl's night out!
Every year around this time, my group of girlfriends we refer to as "the Elite" meet up for an evening to do our annual holiday dinner & gift-opening gathering. This year we decided to meet down on the Plaza & the restaurant of choice was Kona Grill.
Unfortunately, 3 girls from our group were unable to join us but we somehow managed to have a good time without them - even though their presence was missed.
We started off the evening by having a celebratory holiday drink & toasting to a wonderful year together:
We had made reservations earlier in the week & ended up waiting a LONG time for our table so a couple of us in our group had complained to the manager & we ended up getting a round of appetizers for FREE! I guess it pays to complain :)
Deb & Camille
Jen, HT & HK
The majority of the table had ordered sushi & I am not a huge fan of sushi but I ordered some anyway thinking I would try something different. With the help of my girlfriends, I ended up ordering the Shrimp Tempura Roll. I'm not going to say that I am now a lover of sushi but what I had was actually really good & I would definitely order it again! So I am glad I gave sushi another try!
After dinner we headed on over to HK's Aunts' house. Her Aunt lives in Omaha but has a condo that overlooks the Plaza that she stays at every now & then so when Heather is in town she stays there - SO nice! This was our view from her living room window - Plaza lights & all. SO pretty!
Everyone brought a yummy dessert to share while hanging out at HK's place. I had brought a Heath cheesecake made by my dear friend Stetson which was absolutely dee-lish. We all filled our plates up & gathered around the kitchen table for some fun & serious conversation.
We decided to forego the gift giving this year due to a lot of things - finances, last minute plan to gather together, several of the group not being there, etc. which was ok with me. The important thing was that we were together celebrating another year of friendship & had a wonderful time!
I love these ladies oh so much & am so thankful to have them all in my life! Looking so very forward to the memories we will make in 2015!






No comments:
Post a Comment