Saturday, December 20

Lunch with Blondies

This photo was taken Jan 27th, 2013:
It hangs in my locker at work & is one of my favorites of us three! I remember that day very clearly. I was 9+ months pregnant & had met Susan (L) & Stephanie (R) for lunch. We joked about making sure I eat a big meal because later that evening I was being admitted to the hospital for my induction with Mason & probably wouldn't get to eat much the next 24 hours.

Shortly after Mason was born Stephanie moved to Dallas with her husband. I was very sad about her leaving but knew it was for the best & we promised to keep in touch alwaysSusan is a nurse at St. Lukes so lucky for me I get to see her all the time!

Well that was almost 2 years ago since that picture was taken & we have continued to keep in touch since that day. Steph had texted me earlier in the week to let me know her & her husband would be in town for the holidays & wanted to know if Susan & I could meet up for lunch with her. I of course jumped at the chance to see her & Suz so we all decided to meet for lunch at Spin! Pizza. 

We had a great time catching up, eating good food & having a bit of gelato for dessert - YUM! Steph also surprised us both by letting us know she was going to be having a baby - a little boy :) So very happy for her & her husband & can't wait to meet her little guy in April!
We of course had to pose for the same photo taken two years ago - this time with Mason. Gosh he looks SO big - ugh!!

So very thankful to have these blondies in my life - all three of them :)

No comments: