Friday, December 27

Holiday Boutique

As I am looking through my blog drafts I noticed I have several posts that I started but never finished. So as I am down & out with illness today & while Mason is at daycare, I am going to take this time to try & get caught up. This one is from back in November...

November 17, 2013

Anyone who has been reading this blog for any amount of time knows that every year in October I go to an event called Holiday Mart. It is always held the 3rd weekend in October & after I have gone sets the mood for the upcoming holidays. 

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I planned a trip to Wisconsin to see my sister the very same weekend that Holiday Mart was being held?! As much as I wanted to see my sister & her family I was bummed I was going to be missing this annual event. 

But the Holiday God's seemed to be shining down upon me & one evening as I was watching TV I saw an ad for a similar event called Holiday Boutique being held in Nov at the same place Holiday Mart is held. You can bet I was sure not going to miss this one! 

I went with my dear friend Jill (aka: Aunt Jilly) & introduced Mason to this holiday craziness. 
 
It was set up just like Holiday Mart & even has a lot of the same vendors so I felt like I didn't miss out.

I saw lots of "things" I would have loved to have but decided on getting the flame-less pillar candles which I absolutely love. They are controlled by a little remote control, can be set on 8 different colors & look SO real. I also bought a couple of Christmas gifts for family as well!

Mason loved watching all the people & really enjoyed seeing all the twinkling lights & holiday decor - but why wouldn't he?! He is my boy after all :)

Mason also enjoyed spending some time with "Aunt Jilly":

 Earlier in the week we had dinner with Aunt Jilly also:
I am so very thankful for the friendship I have with Jilly! She is my "go-to" girl. The girl who is there for anything & everything I need. She will drop what she is doing & be over in a skinny minute if I need her. She has been one of my bestest friends for the last 13 years & we have been through so much together. Unfortunately, she was never able to have children of her own so Mason is very, very special to her & we are so glad to have her in our life!

We make it a point to get together at least once a month to hug, catch up & so that she can spend some quality "Mason time"! We are looking so forward to all our upcoming gatherings in 2014!!

We love you Aunt Jilly!!

No comments: