Saturday, December 7

Santa's Wonderland

Guess who had his 1st visit with Santa Claus??







THIS BOY ------------>
As you can tell in the picture Mason is not impressed with the jolly St. Nick. I think I was more excited than he was to see Santa but given my love for the holiday that is totally understandable! At least he didn't cry or scream his head off because I was truly expecting this: 

 
We went to Bass Pro Shop which I was told was thee place to be when it comes to visiting Santa & boy were they right! There is a whole winter wonderland set up with so much for the kids to do & see & I can't wait for when Mason is older to be able to join in the fun. 

When we first got there, we got our "pass" which is a card that tells you a time to get in the line to see Santa. They really have a slick way of moving people through the line so you aren't having to wait too long. Plus it is a pretty good way to get you to shop around the place - those people aren't dumb! We had 45 minutes to kill before we could even get in line so we walked around taking it all in.
There were all kinds of activities for little kids to do & games to play. They had stations set up where you could write a letter to Santa, make an ornament, take a carousel ride, play with the remote controlled cars or the train...so much going on & so many kids running all around. And the best part of the entire place - it was all FREE!! Even our picture with Santa - they even gave us a FREE 4x6 photo - who doesn't love that?!
Mommy took Mase on the carousel which he seemed to enjoy. He was fascinated by the antlers on the moose & kept wanting to touch them rather than hold onto the pole. Such a little daredevil :)
After we spent 45 minutes checking out the place we finally made our way into "the line"! We only had to wait about 15 minutes until it was our turn to sit on Santa's lap. I handed Mase over to Santa & to our surprise Mason didn't cry at all. For being over-stimulated & tired he did SO good! Shane & I stood in the corner taking our own pic's while they snapped the "professional" one & before I could even blink an elf was moving us along so another child could take a seat. Those elves in Santa's Wonderland don't mess around!
It was such a wonderful & magical place being there with my little family & it made me all warm & tingly inside. I have a feeling that this is going to be a family tradition for many years to come!

No comments: