Wednesday, August 28

7 months old

7 months old & less than half way to turning one! This past week I have started planning the "first birthday" festivities...I know some of you can hardly believe that - lol :) I'm not going to share many details just yet but know that it is going to be a fun celebration & it is going to be grand!!
Weight: At your 6 month appointment you weighed in at 19 lbs 4 oz & were 27.5 inches long - both in the 80th percentile. I'm sure by now you are at least 22 lbs. You are definitely a big, healthy, growing boy! I have begun to pack up most of your summer 6 mos shirts & shorts :( They were starting to get a little snug so we are moving on to 9 mos clothing. You continue to wear size 3 diapers & have some room to grow into those!
Sleeping: You are a great nap-taker & follow a good routine. Awake for the day at 6:30am, a 45 minute nap around 8:30am, a 1.5-2 hour nap around noon, another 45 minute cat-nap around 4:30pm & down for the night around 7:30pm. You are still waking up at 11pm & 3:30am for a bottle every night without fail. I have been given all kinds of advice from other moms on how to drop that 11pm feeding but that means I have to keep you up later in the night. Not sure that is what I want to do as you shows signs that you are ready to go down around 7pm. We will figure it out eventually. For now I will just enjoy those late night snuggles :)

You have also started to flip onto your tummy to sleep & find that position most comfortable. It still makes me nervous to come in & find your little nose almost buried in the mattress but this is how you prefer to sleep & you wake up & get mad at mommy if I try to flip you over. It's a battle I can't win.
Eating: You have mastered eating solids & still love the orange veggies & LOVE fruit - especially mango & blueberries w/apples! I tried giving you puffs a several weeks ago & loved watching you pick them up ever so delicately with your little hand, shove them in your mouth & then proceed to gag on them....which wasn't so cute :( So we waited a couple of weeks & tried the puffs again which this time you did much better. You actually swirl them in your mouth & try to chew on them & no gagging!
We also tried Baby Mum Mum's (rice crackers) which you loved to chew on but once they became soft, you proceeded to gag on those as well. For a split second I thought I was going to have to free you from that high chair & give you back blows - scared Mommy to death! Will try giving you these again in a couple of weeks. For now we will just stick to our oatmeal, veggies, fruits & puffs! This past month you have also started using a "sippy cup" which you are doing pretty well with.

Milestones:
- You are now sitting up unassisted & enjoy sitting on the floor surrounded by your toys. Millie our Bulldog loves to sit next to you & watch you play - secretly hoping you will share your toys with her!
- The "rock-n-crawl" is your latest thing. You aren't crawling yet but are SO very close to doing so. You get up on your hands & knees like you are going to take off & you just sit & rock back & forth not quite sure knowing what to do with your arms. You get SO frustrated but are a very determined little boy & after many attempts you get pissed off & eventually just give up. You have been doing this for 3 weeks now & it makes me wonder if you are ever going to crawl?!

- This toy is your absolute favorite right now. They are stackable wooden rings made by Melissa & Doug & you love them. You enjoy taking them all off of the stick & then proceed to chew on them.
- "Peek-a-Boo" is your favorite game & the giggles that come with it are the absolute best!
- You love it when mommy sings to you. Some of your favorite songs are "The Wheels on the Bus" & "You Are My Sunshine".
- You had your 1st vacation & airplane ride to Colorado! We spent Labor Day weekend in Estes Park for a wedding & spent a couple of days with your daddy's parents - Grandma & Grandpa "Mountain" (since they live in the mountains.) My parents are Grandma & Grandpa "Farm" as they live on a farm!
You are growing & developing at lightening speeds & even though it is exciting to see you excel at all these new things, it also makes me sad that my little newborn is no longer here. You are a beautiful little boy whom we love so very much & I look forward to seeing what the next month brings us.

Love you little bubba,
Daddy & Mommy

3 comments:

Tonya said...

He is getting so big and still as cute as can be! I started planning Ethan's 1st birthday party when he was about 6 months so I totally understand the are you kidding me crazy looks. Have you tried the yogurt melts? They were a hit at our house and dissolve pretty quickly so there's no issue with the gagging which we had at our house a lot as well.

Heather said...

@ Tonya - thank you for your comment! No we haven't tried the yogurt melts. Will plan on getting some this weekend & see how he likes them! Thanks for the tip :)

Heather

Lauren said...

He is adorable! I can't believe how big he is getting!!!