Tonight was a much needed girl's night out that has been in the "works" for several months now. This past spring, New Kids on the Block concert tickets went on sale & being the 80's lover that I am, I had to go. If this is sounding all too familiar, it's because I saw NKOTB 2 summers ago with the Backstreet Boys.
This year they were coming back to KC with 98 Degrees & Boys II Men so I of course had to go again. I knew several girls from the "Game-Night" group would want to go so I sent out a group text & just as I thought, a few of the girls were in. Fast forward 6 months & it is concert time!
We started the evening out by having dinner at BRGR down in the Power & Light District & a round of drinks:
Which led to a celebratory shot:
While there I had a really good burger & shared the Truffle Tater Tots with Melissa which were pretty amazing:
After we all enjoyed our beverages & dinner we walked over to the Sprint Center where we were about to embark on a trip down memory lane:
We had really good seats being in the lower level sitting about 6 rows back from the floor. Melissa was able to capture some great photos during the concert so the ones you are about to see were taken by her & shamelessly "borrowed" by me :) (Thanks Mel)
First up was Boys II Men & unfortunately they only performed for 30 minutes. They sang all their familiar old hits & still looked & sounded as good as they did back in the day!
Next to perform was 98 Degrees which I wasn't too impressed with....other than watching Nick & Drew Lachey :) I didn't care too much for them in the 90's & it was the same during the concert.
Then New Kids on the Block came on last & there was a whole lot of screaming & booty shakin' going on...especially in our row :)
Michelle & I agreed that Donnie Wahlberg still is & always will be our favorite & after 25 years still has some pretty awesome abs!
Yes - it has been 25 years since they made their first debut & they kept repeating that little fact again & again during the concert. Ugh - as if I didn't feel old enough!?
It was a super, fun night out with these ladies & this Mama is looking forward to doing it again when the whole "game-night" group goes to the Pink concert in November!

No comments:
Post a Comment