The rest of my appointment went well. My OB was happy with my weight & how much I have gained so far, my BP was low at 118/64, no sugar in my urine but there was a trace of protein which means I need to be drinking more water - ugh, so hard to do when I am working!
I had mentioned to her that I have been having some lower abdominal "pulling" sensations which she said is probably just ligaments stretching but just to be sure she did a cervical check. She said my cervix was behaving nicely - no one has ever said that to me before - lol :) It was firm, high & closed which is good - no sign of premature labor. So it was yet another uneventful appointment & my OB couldn't be happier with how things are progressing.
In 2 weeks, I will begin my weekly biophysical profile appointments with a nonstress test to monitor the health of Baby T during the last 12 weeks - yikes - did I just say last 12 weeks? Where is the time going?? If he is under any kind of stress or if my amniotic fluid gets low we will be able to tell. So hard to believe I will be starting the 3rd trimester next week!!!
Seeing how I had the wonderful news of a negative glucose test today & a fabulous appointment, I thought I might celebrate by getting a sugary-filled cupcake at Smallcakes :) So yummy...
I ended up meeting my neighborhood girls for happy hour this evening so by the time I got home to take my weekly picture it was dark :( So the bathroom pic will have to do...
How far along? 27 weeks - baby is around 14.5 inches long & weighs 2 lbs
Symptoms: I'm noticing my lower back is starting to get more achy, spider veins have appeared out of nowhere on my legs, I am starting to "huff & puff" more when I am really active & reflux has joined the heartburn which makes for a lovely time but other than that, I am doing/feeling great :)
Weight gain/loss: According to the scale at the OB's office + 2 lbs (Total of 16 lbs gained so far)
Sleep: Still able to fall asleep easily but am waking up a lot to change positions & try to get comfortable. I have a feeling it is only going to get worse from here on out.
Food cravings/aversions: not really craving any specific thing this week
Movement? yes - Baby T is really active around 4am, early mornings & evenings. You can see him rolling around in my belly & see little jabs & kicks which is pretty amazing!
What I miss: Being able to hold my bladder for 10 hours like I used to - lol :)
Best moment(s) this week: being on call all weekend & not getting called in once - love those kind of call weekends!
What I'm looking forward to: my 1st baby shower on Saturday & getting to see my family at the end of the week!
Next Appointment: Tuesday, Nov 20th - ultrasound of Baby T & nonstress test
Milestones: Baby T is sleeping & waking at regular intervals, opening & closing his eyes & even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, his brain is very active now. His lungs are already capable of breathing air as his vascular system can now handle oxygen/carbon exchange & his brain stem can now regulate rhythmic breathing as well as basal body temperature. Hiccups will be pretty common from now on also.

No comments:
Post a Comment