We woke up this morning to a thunderstorm & pouring down rain. I was to leave for KC this afternoon & was worried my flight would be delayed so I kept checking on the radar all morning. From the looks of it, the rain wouldn't be letting up until at least noon!
So for something to do that morning, we decided to go check out the International Food Fair put on by one of the local high schools. It was a little crazy trying to get out of the house & into the car but after switching out car seats in the pouring rain, getting the boys shoes & rain-gear on, strapping all the children into the backseat, trying to remain somewhat dry ourselves & 35 min later we were on our way. I had questioned my sister a couple of times if she really wanted to go through all this to go & as calm as can be said "yeah, why not?" I swear, she has the patience of a saint!
As we were driving through a torrential downpour, Jensen starts crying & she isn't much of a cryer unless she is hungry. Jen asked me to try & find her paci so I unbuckle myself, bend over my seat, dig around underneath her for the paci & soon discovered she felt wet under her back. When I told my sister she got a horrific look on her face.
Imagine if you will, 3 kids in car seats in the back of a Toyota Camry & 2 adults in front in the pouring down rain. My sister wiggles her little butt in the back seat, puts the driver seat down as far as she can, gets Jensen out of her car seat while I am pulling out the changing pad, wipes, diaper, change of clothes...you name it I was grabbing it.
She laid her down on the changing pad in the driver's seat & with her butt in poor little Tanner's face, proceeds to strip that little punkin' down to nothing. I was horrified to see a) poo from her bottom all the way up to her neck & b) that much poo come from such a small child. Poor thing - no wonder she was screaming! I was surprised to see that my sister remained so calm through it all & the boys acted as if this was an everyday occurrence. I guess there really was nothing we could do other than change her & get through it the best you can.
10 minutes & 24 baby wipes later, a fresh diaper & a new set of clothes Miss Jensen was in her car seat as happy as could be & we were once again on our way to the food fair. If I never have to witness another "blow out" like that again I will be just fine.
We finally arrived to the fair & made our way to the gymnasium where they had all kinds of things for the kids to do!
There was miniature golf:
Face painting:
Inflatables for the kids:
Cookie walk:
As well as a few other booths we didn't get to. After all the fun & games we made our way into the food court area where they had food booths set up of all nationalities. There was Asian, Mexican, Polish, Italian, American, Hawaiian...just to name a few. The boys enjoyed hot dogs from the American booth, I sampled the Mexican booth & my sister ate the boys' leftovers & also enjoyed some Tiramisu from the Italian booth.
After we ate, we made our way home & I got ready to leave for the airport. The rain had finally stopped, the sun was coming out & my flight seemed to be on time. All was good.
As much as I hated saying goodbye to everyone I was looking forward to getting back home to my hubby & furries. 9 days was enough time to be away & I was ready to get back to my normal & crazy life in Kansas.
The boys were sad Aunt Hedder was leaving but perked right up when I told them I would be seeing them in a few weeks at "Grandma & Grandpa Farm's" house in SD for Jensen's baptism.
I made it to Milwaukee, my flight was on time & in less than 2 hours I was back on the ground in Kansas City & making my way home. It was great to be on vacation but it was even better being back home!
No comments:
Post a Comment