Today was kind of a lazy, relaxing day. My sister hadn't been feeling well & was diagnosed with strep throat the day before so we all just kind of laid low, hung out & took it easy.
So, basically I ended up doing a lot of this:
And this:
We also started a project in the basement that involved laminating, maps, collages & lots of sticky tags. My sister & her husband just recently had there basement finished & there is an area that is going to be the designated "play room" for the kids. She was inspired by this picture on Pinterest:
& thought it would be fun to recreate something similiar on her wall.
So for the last couple of days she has had me running to OfficeMax to laminate maps, several trips to Walmart to get sticky tabs & more maps, using her own laminator to make small maps & helping her hang them on the wall.
While we were hanging the maps, Tanner was very interested in locating where on the map everyone in the family lived so I suggested to Jen to put a star on the US map of each family member's town or tag it with a label so Tanner could see where we all lived.
Here is a pic before we got started & a pic of how far we got before I had to leave:
My brother-in-law is an avid fisherman & suggested we put some maps up of lakes that he had fished in on the wall as well so the empty spots will be filled with maps of lakes per Ben's request.
I'm hoping my sister sends me a finalized picture so I can admire all our hard work & see how nice it turned out with the addition of the lake maps.
Such a cute idea!



No comments:
Post a Comment