Monday, July 4

Holiday Weekend

After a long & busy week at work, I was ready for a 3 day weekend! I wasn't on call & we didn't make too many plans so it ended up being a weekend filled with rest, relaxation, fun with neighbors & lots of firework-watching!

Saturday was spent doing the usual cleaning & grocery shopping while Shane took the Harley out & met his brother for an afternoon of riding. Later in the afternoon I made a new appetizer to share at our cul-de-sac get-together that evening. It was a Buffalo Chicken Dip & it turned out dee-lish. You can find the recipe here but instead of canned chicken I used actual chicken breasts that I had boiled & then shredded. I think it tastes much better than using chicken in a can.

We brought out the lawn chairs & gathered with the neighbors in the
cul-de-sac for our annual July 4th festivities where we eat, drink & watch the little & "big" kids blow up fireworks. It is always a lot of fun & something we look forward to every year.

Sunday was an extremely lazy day. My plan was to lay out by the pool but it ended up being way to hot & humid out so instead I got a couple of movies at our local Redbox & we spent the majority of the afternoon vegging on the couch watching movies in the nice & cool AC.

Later in the evening we joined our next door neighbors for round 2 of the fireworks & enjoyed watching
all the other fireworks being lit in the sky from around the neighborhood. A couple of blocks over someone was letting off some HUGE ones that were so pretty & very entertaining to watch.

Monday we ventured out of the house, had lunch at Panera & then went to see the new Transformers movie in 3-D. I love these movies. They always remind me of when I was younger & I would watch the Transformers cartoon with my brothers & would help them assembly their Transformer figurines. Good times!

I really liked the movie - especially in 3-D - but Shane didn't think it was as good as the first two. He was disappointed that Megan Fox wasn't in this one & he kept trying to tell me that it was because he liked her character in the movie - hmmmm, somehow I'm not convinced. Have you seen her? She is pretty hot
!

After the movie we headed home & spent the rest of the evening catching up on DVR'd shows & enjoying the end to a very relaxing holiday weekend!

Hope everyone had a fun & safe 4th! Happy Independence Day to you all!

No comments: