So as I was making my way home, this little number came on:
::cue the memories::
I was instantly taken back to 1988 - my junior year of high school. My BFF was named Heather also & we were both dating guys who were best friends that went to a "B" school while we both sported "mall hair". You could find us on any given Friday night cruising Main Street in her Chevette or my VW Bug jammin' out to this tune.
It is funny how a certain song can take you back & you can recall everything that was going on with your life at that moment. Music was a HUGE part of my life growing up so many songs do this for me & that is probably why I enjoy listening to my iPod on shuffle so much. I can remember the Christmas I received my very first tape recorder. It was 1984 & I was 13 years old. I could not wait to put that thing up to
the radio & record all of my favorite songs so I could play them back over & over. Oh the batteries & blank tapes I would burn through :) Come on - you know you all did the same thing.Then a couple of years later I got a "boom box" for Christmas & I thought I was the sh!t with that thing. I would tote it with me onto the school bus & we would all jam out to music on our way home. Fun times!
Then while in college I bought my first real stereo system with components, big speakers & even a receiver. I was always getting in trouble in the dorm for having my music too loud. Those were the 90's so with music by Bell Biv Devoe, Snap, Vanilla Ice & Digital Underground so you know those speakers were thumpin!
And almost 20 years later I got my 1st iPod. The first thing I did when I got it was take all 300+ of my CD's, uploaded them to my iPod & sold them in a garage sale. Then I got an iPod hookup in both vehicles so I could listen to it in the car & I have been jammin' ever since.
I am going to try & link up with Casey over at Align my heart, body & mind every week or so for her Music Experiment post & see what kind of memories I can stir up in y'all! I bet I get the memories flowin' & the booties shakin' :)
No comments:
Post a Comment