This weekend my family is coming to visit so I have been busy all week preparing for their arrival. I have made a grocery list, bought the groceries, wrote an itinerary of what to do all weekend, washed bedding, & prepared guest bedrooms but the one thing I have been dreading all week is cleaning the house - especially the bathrooms. I HATE cleaning bathrooms.So I went out on a limb & did something I have never in my life done before. I hired a maid service to come clean my house. Not because I am injured, or have lots of extra money laying around to spend on maids or because I can't physically do it myself but because I am lazy. Plain & simple. I don't want to nor do I have the energy to "deep clean" my own house. I would rather pay someone to clean my baseboards, my floors, the microwave, ceiling fan blades & my bathrooms then do it all myself.
I had been referred to "The Maids" by a co-worker of mine who raved about their cleaning business so I thought I would give them a try. One time deal - just to do the deep cleaning. They came while Shane & I were at work (much to my husbands dismay) & cleaned our entire house in 2 hours.
When I walked in the first thing I noticed was the smell. It was a combination of a "clean" scent & bleach & it smelled good! Next thing I noticed was the carpet. There was a professional-looking pattern made by the vacuum which looked awesome. Then I noticed the ceiling fan blades & the blinds had been dusted - all this & I haven't even headed upstairs yet. As I looked around the house I instantly fell in love. I could get REALLY used to coming home to this every couple of weeks.
The floors were super clean, the baseboards dusted, the microwave spotless, the bathrooms sparkling, the beds turned down & everything just looked clean. It is such a huge relief to know I don't have to rush & get all this done before my family comes on Friday. Definitely a nice treat & worth every penny to not have to do it myself!
Perhaps I can convince my hubby that we "need" them to come every 3 weeks??? Hmmm - gonna have to work on that one :)
1 comment:
I'm so with you on this one! I've been walking around my house smiling because it's all so clean and I didn't have to do it! :-)
Post a Comment