Saturday, January 16

Little Fisherman

5:15 am ~ "Mama...no more night night"!
Are you kidding me? I am seriously re-thinking this "bumper party" thing in Tanner's room! Another early morning of snuggling & "toons"! Can't say I'm not enjoying all this "Aunt Hehher-time" though :)

Today Ben took Tanner on his very 1st ice fishing excursion & was he excited. So while the boys were away, my sister & I ventured out with Cael & had lunch at their favorite mexican restaurant. While there she got to enjoy her very first beer in 10 mos which she was very excited about...seemed to go down pretty quickly too!

Next stop was the North Face outlet store where I had wanted to browse the selection of winter coats. After much deliberating, I treated myself to a coat I had been eyeing for the last few months & saved some money so I was pretty happy! Now I am awaiting some cold weather again in KC so I can actually wear it! We headed home after my big purchase & the three of us enjoyed a quiet afternoon watching TV & taking another nap....I think I'm beginning to like naps!

Ben & Tanner got back around 7:30pm and that little guy was so exhausted & very cranky as it was past his bedtime! He laid like this on the couch with all his gear still on and about fell asleep:

Even though they didn't catch any fish this time around, Ben said they had just as much fun snowmobiling & sledding with his friends that went with them. He is molding Tanner into quite the little fisherman!

While Tanner was being put to bed, I had a little "bonding" time with Cael. He is such a good baby...hardly ever cries unless he is hungry! Pretty cute too...

No comments: